There are many proponents of the power of positive thinking. One of them, Antonia Hall, who is a writer, artist and communications professional, suggests in an article for Ode magazine that negative thought patterns in our everyday lives can affect us in unproductive and harmful ways. For better self-esteem and health, it’s quite simple to “change one’s thinking from old negative tapes to positive, healthy thinking.”
Negativity is not only a waste of time and energy, but it permeates our comportment and the way others perceive us. To change that and adopt a more attractive, optimistic and helpful demeanor, try asserting positive affirmations. Among these are “I can” and “I am” statements. Simply thinking them daily will change a negative mindset into a more active and constructive attitude that boosts confidence and self-worth.
Here are some of Antonia Hall’s suggested positive affirmations:
- I am strong and healthy.
- I love having plenty of energy.
- I deserve the best and accept the best now.
- I value who I am.
- I have the courage and self-confidence necessary to put my solutions into practice.
- I honor myself and treat myself with respect.
- I am the prime decision maker in my life.
- I trust my feelings and unconscious thoughts.
- As I own my power, I recognize the strength and beauty of who I am.
- I accept responsibility for all decisions I make in life.
- I treat each new problem I encounter as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity to be creative.
- I can build joyful, creative relationships.
- There are beautiful things happening in my life daily.
So let’s harness the power of positive thinking through positive affirmations. Let The Good Times and the world know how it’s working for you!